PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Why become a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver?
The PADI Advanced Open Water dive course helps you build confidence and expands your scuba skills, while introducing you to some new fun more specific aspects of diving.
During the PADI Advanced Open Water course you will be exposed to deep diving and learn helpful navigation techniques, as well as have an introduction to and learn about three other diving related specialties.
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years old (children between 10-11 can achieve adventure diver rating, please contact us for more details)
- Be medically fit see here
|Day 1||Day 2|
There are two compulsory ones
- Navigation adventure dive
- Deep adventure dive
And the other three are elective adventure dives, which the student can chose with help of the instructor.
There is large variety of choices, see below a few popular choices for Cape Town Waters.
- Wreck adventure dive
- Peak performance buoyancy adventure (improving your buoyancy underwater)
- Enriched air adventure dive (nitrox)*
- Naturalist adventure dive (learning how to identify vertebrates, invertebrates and plants)
- Boat adventure dive
- Multi-level and Computer diving
- Night adventure dive
- Underwater photography adventure dive*
- Search and recovery adventure dive
Upon completion of your theory sections and adventure dives, your instructor will qualify you as a PADI Advanced Open Water diver and you will receive a certification card from PADI in an electronic format first, with the hard copy arriving in the post a bit later.
*extra costs may be involved
The course price of the PADI Advanced Open Water Course:
2 day, 5 dive course: R6000
3 day, 6 dives course: R6800
3 day, 6 dives and nitrox certification: R7800
All PADI materials, as well as gear rental, are included in the course prices.
Link this course with any other PADI specialty course and receive a 10% discount.