PADI Instructor Development Course
Are you a divemaster and looking to further your diving career even further?
Consider signing up to part take in our Cape Town Dive Centre PADI Instructor Development Course, specifically designed for you, to improve your dive knowledge and skills, and send you out into the professional world with confidence and experience.
The Instructor certification is one of the most valuable and sought after qualifications in the diving industry, and here at Cape Town Dive Centre we have teamed up with Dive-Careers.com to give you the best possible training and preparation for your career as a PADI dive instructor. Dive-Careers is an independent educational and training organisations with some of the best course directors in the world, with over 20 years experience in training instructors, over 50 IDC’s scheduled per year, and in more than 15 locations all around the world. After completing your IDC you can be sure that you received the best training available, and with this certification you will be able to apply for work opportunities all around the world through an established diver network.
After completing the entire IDC course you will take part in a 2 day examination conducted by an independent PADI examiner, and your time spent during the IDC will it give you all the tools to successfully and comfortably complete the examination process.
When arriving at your IDC, your course director will provide you with a short orientation and expectations to complete the course. Throughout your course, you will complete a number of theory examination revisions and oral presentations to sharpen up your diving knowledge and teaching abilities, you will also be required to demonstrate the 24 diving skills, and be able to present predetermined skills in a teaching context. You will systematically advance through the specific requirements for the Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, and Divemaster courses, and be required to conduct individual oral presentations and teaching skills for each of these, as well as improving your rescuing skills, accident and emergency management, and EFR procedures throughout the course, and having fun while doing all of this.
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of Divemaster/Assistant Instructor Level
- 60 Logged Dives
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Medically fit, signed PADI medical statement
- Own equipment recommended, though rental equipment will be available for use
- Access to online e-learning
- All required IDC and EFRI materials included (IDC crew pack)
- Bring your laptop (Recommended)
Course fee (OWSI and EFRI): R16500
PADI Materials: R10 000=14000 depending on exchange rate
- IDC Application Fee £121 +- Paid directly to PADI EMEA
- IE registration £423 +- Paid directly to PADI EMEA
- EFR Instructor Registration £75.50 +-Paid directly to PADI EMEA (Includes Care for Children)
- We can arrange shared accommodation in our on-site rooms for an additional R3500 for the duration of your course and exams. (Upgrades available please ask us for more information)
- Package price: R30000 (includes materials, course fee
andaccommodation, excludes PADI fees)
We also offer team teaching experience after your certification to each student enrolling in the MDST program.
While students are on course/team teaching they are allowed to dive as much as they like weather and availability depending.