PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Why become a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver?
The PADI Advanced Open Water dive course helps you build confidence and expands your scuba skills, while introducing you to some new fun more specific aspects of diving.
During the PADI Advanced Open Water course you will be exposed to deep diving and learn helpful navigation techniques, as well as have an introduction to and learn about three other diving related specialties.
Around the world there are countless exciting famous dive sites to visit, a lot of them deeper than 18m. The PADI Advanced Open Water certification enables you to broaden you dive opportunities from the normal 18m the PADI Open Water certification limits you to. Imagine it like a mountain and the Open Water Certification being half way. There is a lot of amazing shallower dives you can do, but in order to go further and see more we need to take the next step, which in diving terms would be your PADI Advanced Open Water certification, which enables you to venture and explore the underwater world up to 30m.
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years old (children between 10-11 can achieve adventure diver rating, please contact us for more details)
- Be medically fit see here
|Day 1||Day 2|
There are two compulsory ones
- Navigation adventure dive
- Deep adventure dive
And the other three are elective adventure dives, which the student can chose with help of the instructor.
There is large variety of choices, see below a few popular choices for Cape Town Waters.
- Wreck adventure dive
- Peak performance buoyancy adventure (improving your buoyancy underwater)
- Enriched air adventure dive (nitrox)*
- Naturalist adventure dive (learning how to identify vertebrates, invertebrates and plants)
- Boat adventure dive
- Multi-level and Computer diving
- Night adventure dive
- Underwater photography adventure dive*
- Search and recovery adventure dive
Upon completion of your theory sections and adventure dives, your instructor will qualify you as a PADI Advanced Open Water diver and you will receive a certification card from PADI in an electronic format first, with the hard copy arriving in the post a bit later.
*extra costs may be involved
2 day, 5 dive course: R5000
3 day, 6 dives course: R5600
3 day, 6 dives and nitrox certification: R6200
All PADI materials as well as gear rental is included in the course price. (2 days)
Link this course with any other PADI specialty course and receive a 10% discount.